• Apr 12 - Lunching
with the League: Voting Rights in Ohio
• Apr 12 - Tech Town Hall with State Senator Nickie Antonio
• Apr 13
- Domestic Violence within Covid: The Shadow Pandemic
• Apr 14 - Part 2: Racism Is A Public Health Crisis
• Apr 14 - Cleveland Consent Decree Community Conversation: Citizen Complaints/Professional
• Apr 16 - City Club Virtual
Forum: Missing from History - Black Suffragists and the Right to Vote
• Apr 21 - Race & Redistricting:
The Voting Rights Act & Ohio Mapmaking
• Apr 21 - Meet & Greet: Justin Bibb for Mayor of Cleveland
• Apr 28 - The Intersection of State Budget and Social Justice
• Apr 29 - Equitable Public
School Funding NOW: Why It Matters and How to Get There
• Jun 17 - Save the Date: Fundraiser
for Sen. Nickie Antonio
are listed below. Click here for CDWC-sponsored (and co-sponsored) programs.
Join us on Monday, April 12 at NOON, for
an in-depth discussion on Voting Rights in Ohio with Jen Miller, Executive Director of the League of Women Voters
of Ohio, and Catherine Turcer, Executive Director of Common Cause Ohio.
League of Women Voters of Ohio
Tech Town Hall with State Senator Nickie Antonio
Monday, April 12, 2021
Join OhioX and technology
and innovation leaders from across the state for a Tech Town Hall with State Senator Nickie J. Antonio.
is a statewide nonpartisan and nonprofit technology and innovation partnership. We work to power connections, tell impactful
stories, and advocate for growth on behalf of Ohio technology and innovation. Our diverse membership includes leading Fortune
500 companies, growing startups, leading universities and research institutions, and technology-focused businesses.
Domestic Violence within Covid: The Shadow Pandemic
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Rep Janine Boyd (D) District 9, Ohio House of Representatives
- Judge Francine Goldberg, Cuyahoga County Domestic Relations Court
- Alexandria Ruden, Senior Attorney, The Legal
Aid Society of Cleveland
Meredith Turner, Domestic Violence Advocate
Racism Is A Public Health Crisis:
Impacts on Health, Healthcare Access, and Quality of Care
Part 2: April 14, 2021
Join us for this examination of how racism impacts all levels of health and
safety for communities of color.
2, Wednesday, April 14, 7:00 pm
the frontline healthcare providers, program directors, researchers, and public policy experts combating health disparities
and inequities. The panel will address chronic health issues such as diabetes, asthma, cardiovascular disease, hypertension,
poor women's health, infant mortality -- and explain the barriers and obstacles to quality healthcare. Learn how their clinical
and community approaches are mitigating and preventing racialized health disparities for children, adults, and seniors.
Marlene Harris-Taylor, ideastream, WCPN/NPR, WVIZ/PBS
- Dr. Frederick Harris, Health Co-Chair, Ohio NAACP, Internal Medicine, Cleveland
- Dr. Ronald Hickman, Jr., Assoc.
Dean for Res., Assoc. Prof., Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University
- Iris E. Harvey, President & CEO, Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio
- Yvonka Marie Hall, Executive Director, Northeast
Ohio Black Health Coalition
- David Maywhoor,
Executive Director, Ohio Public Health Association
United Way of Greater Cleveland and
Cleveland NAACP on April 14th at 6:00 pm for the fourth Community Conversation
- part of the 11-month, in-depth series of dialogue centering on police reform mandated through the Consent Decree and its
ramifications for our community.
Register here to learn about Citizen Complaints & the Office of Professional Standards.
The City Club of Cleveland
Missing from History: Black Suffragists and the Right to Vote
with Paula J. Giddings, Elizabeth
A. Woodson 1922 Professor Emerita of Africana Studies, Smith College
Friday, April 16, 2021
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Join us as Giddings discusses the 19th Amendment: the political
tradition of African American women, their struggle to be enfranchised, and how their activism led to the influence that Black
women have on today's electorate. This is a history far too little known and one which adds depth, complexity, and richness
to the quest for women's rights.
The livestream will be available beginning at 12:30 pm. Have questions? Tweet them at @TheCityClub or send a text to 330.541.5794.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Race & Redistricting: The Voting Rights Act & Ohio Mapmaking
Join Fair Districts Ohio, Common Cause Ohio, the League of Women Voters of
Ohio, and the Ohio Council of Churches for a discussion of the federal Voting Rights Act and its impact on map-making in Ohio
Moderated by Brandi Slaughter from the Ohio
Council of Churches, panel members will include:
*Celina Stewart of LWVUS,
*Alora Thomas of
ACLU Voting Rights Project, and
*Dr. Lisa Handley, international expert on race and democracy.
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Join Brendan Heil, Erin and Adam Rosen, and Daniel Brown for a pay what you can fundraiser for Justin Bibb's campaign to be the next
mayor of Cleveland.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 28, 2021 at 7:00 pm
The Intersection of State Budget and
Learn more about the LWV Ohio action agenda
and how each of these policy issues is tied to the budget, and what YOU can do to make a difference in the lives of everyday
Ohioans. Guest speakers include:
- Jason Warner, Greater Ohio Policy Center
- Tracy Sabetta, Moms Clean Air Force
- Jennifer Pryor, Ohioans to Stop Executions
- Sarah Warner, League of Women Voters of Ohio
- Rosie Craig, League of Women Voters of Ohio
Hoover, Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence
Equitable Public School Funding NOW:
Why It Matters and How to Get There
April 29, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Learn how the FAIR SCHOOL FUNDING PLAN will provide an equitable, comprehensive,
transparent funding model that will change the face of public education for 600+ School Districts and 1.7 million students
Moderated by Meryl Johnson, Ohio State Board of Education with panelists:
- Dr. David Glasner, Superintendent, Shaker Heights School District
- Ryan Pendleton, Treasurer/CFO, Akron Public Schools
- Dr. Renee Willis, Superintendent, Richmond Heights School District
- Senator Sandra Williams (D), Ohio Senate District 21
Co-sponsored by Shaker Heights PTO, Shaker Heights School District,
League of Women Voters of Shaker Hts/Greater Cleveland